Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Rich Dad Poor Dad Quotes

The following are some of the quotations from “Rich Dad Poor Dad” by Robert T. Kiyosaki & Sharon L. Lechter. You want financial freedom? Read this book!

Poor Dad: I can’t afford it.
Rich Dad: How can I afford it?

Poor Dad: The love of money is the root of all evil.
Rich Dad: The lack of money is the root of all evil.

Poor Dad: The rich should pay more in taxes to take care of those less fortunate.
Rich Dad: Taxes punish those who produce & reward those who don’t produce.

Poor Dad: Study hard so you can find a good company to work for.
Rich Dad: Study hard so you can find a good company to buy.

Poor Dad: “The reason I’m not rich is because I have you kids.”
Rich Dad: “The reason I must be rich is because I have you kids.”

Poor Dad: Forbade the subject of money to be discussed over a meal.
Rich Dad: Encouraged talking about money and business at the dinner table.

Poor Dad: When it comes to money, play it safe, don’t take risks.
Rich Dad: Learn to manage risk.

Poor Dad: Our home is our largest investment and our greatest asset.
Rich Dad: My house is a liability, and if your house is your largest investment, you’re in trouble.

Poor Dad: I’ve worked hard for the government and I’m entitled to these benefits.
Rich Dad: He spoked out against the “entitlement” mentality and how it was creating weak & financially needy people. Believed in total financial self-reliance.

Poor Dad: Struggled to save a few dollars.
Rich Dad: Simply created investments.

Poor Dad: Taught me how to write an impressive resume so I could find a good job.
Rich Dad: Taught me how to write strong business & financial plans so I could create jobs.

Poor Dad: Always said to me “I’ll never be rich.”
Rich Dad: I’m a rich man, and rich people don’t do this. “There is a difference between being poor and being broke. Broke is temporary and poor is eternal.”

Poor Dad: I’m not interested in money” or money doesn’t matter”
Rich Dad: “Money is power”

Poor Dad: Wanted me to study hard, earn a degree and get a good job to work for money.
Rich Dad: Encouraged me to study to be rich, to understand how money works and learn how to have it work for me. “I don’t work for money!” “Money work for me!”

Poor Dad: He spoke of the virtues of “working your way up to the corporate ladder.”
Rich Dad: “Why not own that ladder?”

No comments:

Post a Comment